Friday, December 4, 2009

Can you tell me the first player to wear a helmet visor in the NFL?

i remember eric dickerson and chuck muncie wearing goggles.they were on the right track.who was first to wear the visor?



Can you tell me the first player to wear a helmet visor in the NFL?basketball jerseys





I believe it was Mark Mullaney he was a DE 4 the 1984 minnesota vikings hope it helps!



Can you tell me the first player to wear a helmet visor in the NFL?nba 08 ,nba teams



no
I remember Mark Mullaney (Vikings) wearing one in the early 80's after an eye injury. Not sure if he was the first or not.
Im not sure, but in 1984, former 49er equipment manager Bronco Hinek made a visor out of clear plastic and tied it to the facemask with zip ties for RT Keith Fahnhorst after Fahnhorst got a finger in the eye. Back then, they were not commercially available.
The frist one I remember using a helmet visor was Jim McMahon of the Chicago Bears in the mid 80's (1985 I think)



I also remember being a write up a few weeks/months later in Sports Illustrated where the coloumnist (I think it may have been Peter King) was comparing him (and other players who used visors) to looking like Darth Vader

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
bacteria